Saturday 22 February 2020

DARTMOOR

It's been weeks since I've been out on Dartmoor, because the weather has been so rough. Even today, when I was in the hills around Meldon Reservoir, there was one point where I was almost blown over by the wind. I have a thin down-filled coat, and that is enough to keep me warm. For me, it is inspirational to be out on my own in the wilds. It feeds me, and I feel so much better for it. The exercise too. One way of putting it is that I drink in the beauty of a landscape, it is a bodily experience, and it stays with me and there is a sense in which I become it, I become part of the natural world. In this way beauty connects us to that which we have always been. 

Towards the end of the walk I came upon Black-a-Tor copse, which is similar to Wistman's Wood, which I visit often. It is made up of English oaks, stunted by the sparse conditions, with moss hanging from them, trunks covered in lichen, and the ground strewn with large boulders, which you have to clamber over. And a vigorous stream running alongside. Magical. Lichen, I found out, is 2 species: a fungus, which provides the protection, and an alga that brings in the food through photosynthesis.
                                                                                                 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I offer Shamanic consultations, usually by skype, in which we can talk over anything you want to talk over. I may use the Medicine Wheel, Journeying, Astrology, Tarot or anything that works. And it centres around listening to ourselves in a deep way. I work on a donation basis, and I am happy with whatever is easy for you: I love this work. Contact: BWGoddard1@aol.co.uk
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment