Sunday 12 January 2020

SPIRIT AND ARRANGED MARRIAGE


Did some astrology today for a Romany couple who had an arranged marriage. And it has gone very well, for 17 years. They hardly knew each other at the start, and they seem very good together. I looked at the chart for the marriage, and there was a strong outer planet emphasis. The outer planets, which are invisible to the naked eye, describe the influence of Spirit in different ways. And this marriage was decided by Spirit, not by humans. That much was clear from the chart, even though it was the respective Romany parents who had set it up, who I guess knew how to listen to Spirit.

And I thought well why not? Isn't this interesting. Are we necessarily the best person to decide who is right for us? Unless we can listen to Spirit, and very often that will require someone else's help, or considerable maturity on our part, our desires will get in the way.

But maybe, when we are younger, it needs to be that way. Relationships are often a necessary long-term working out of shadow projections - 'shadow' having a broad remit here. But maybe we also often go through far more mess than we need to, because there are no wise elders to arrange this business for us, at an age when we hardly know anything about anything.

                                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I offer Shamanic consultations, usually by skype, in which we can talk over anything you want to talk over. I may use the Medicine Wheel, Journeying, Astrology, Tarot or anything that works. And it centres around listening to ourselves in a deep way. I work on a donation basis, and I am happy with whatever is easy for you: I love this work. Contact: BWGoddard1@aol.co.uk
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Normality' is both people maneouvreing until what each unconsciously wants is satisfied. Then you have 'love'. We edit ourselves to suit the other, and generally we stay edited until - and if - life decides it is time for us to move on. And then, yes, we learn, and Spirit may well have played its part in setting it up to start with.

I'm not sure I know anyone who has been able to say to me that they are a good judge of who to get involved with. A lot of people I know are washed up on the beach in middle-age or later wondering what was all that about? And living with the cultural brainwashing that you are less than adequate if you are on your own, that there is something wrong, instead of right, because you've never been able to make this often crazy thing last.

My own standpoint is that I'm not going near anyone unless Spirit unmistakeably shoves me. I have been happily on my own for a few years, in a way that I couldn't have been when I was younger. And I can have a great time being friends with women, and there can be a lovely buzz there, a dance between us. But these days I feel fairly whole in myself, and I don't feel driven to turn that into something else.

Singledom is much underrated, there is a whole world to be discovered. And there is a considerable sense of freedom in it. For myself, let marriage and relationships be arranged by Spirit. And if nothing is happening, I will trust that. Like I am learning to trust all the other things that aren't happening. That sort of trust gives you space to tune into the bigger picture. Read those last 3 sentences again :)

Here is a Navajo take on the business, which I published here some time ago.

1 comment: