Saturday 16 March 2019

RAM MASK

I've been making a ram mask for this Snowdonia Spirit School thing (Dadeni.org) that I'm part of. And I was round at Berto's, the local Italian restaurant I visit quite religiously once a week, and the waitress asked me how the mask was going. She does my cleaning sometimes, so she knows a bit about my strange goings on. And I said I've nearly finished applying the papier mache, prior to painting it. 

But I added, before I began that, I put the basic template over my head and looked at myself in the mirror, and I found myself pawing the ground. Ooh, she said, when you said that goosebumps went right up my arm. Well I won't tell the vicar I replied. But it's like that, these things touch something quite visceral and inspirational that we have forgotten for a long time and which I'm sure the church would not approve of.

No comments:

Post a Comment