Sunday 16 September 2018

WHAT'S IN A NAME?


Now this may be fanciful. In fact, it most probably is. But that doesn't mean it's not true. About a year ago Andrew Steed put the idea in my head that it could be productive to dig around the meaning of my name. And my name was decided before I was born. I was going to be 'Barry' declared my father, who had no idea if I was going to be a boy or a girl. But I was the first born, and he had his ideas about who I would be, which developed over time, and were quite different to what I had in mind. But his ideas of who I was going to be began with my name.

And this was where the fairies bit him in the arse. Because my father was English and straight, and my mother was Irish and anything but straight. And what my father said, went. So I was Barry. And it turns out - from one source, at any rate - that Barry comes from Finvarra, who was a king of the fairies at Knockmaa, a mound near Tuam in Ireland, about an hour from where my Mum comes from.

"King Finvarra is the High King of the Daoine Sidhe in Irish folklore. In some legends, he is also the King of the Dead. Finvarra is a benevolent figure who ensures good harvests, a master at chess, strong horses, and great riches to those who will assist him. However, he also frequently kidnaps human women." I'm not known for kidnapping women - though sometimes I have felt kidnapped by them - and I'm good at bridge rather than chess. Apart from that, I'm happy with the description.

So I was named into a fairy lineage. And it was a trick. Which is also the nature of fairies. And 41 years later my son was born, and I knew nothing at that stage of Finvarra, and I called my son Finn. So the lineage continues.
 
I offer skype/FB video astrology readings, by donation. Contact: BWGoddard1 (at)aol.co.uk
---------------------
NB Please note the Free Email Subscribe button, top right of the page 😼

No comments:

Post a Comment