Friday 3 March 2023

MEDICINE WHEEL COURSE?

Here's what I'm thinking. I bought a 4 bedroom house recently, on the edge of Dartmoor in the UK. Room for expansion. Room to run residential courses, with daily walks out to my favourite fairy spots. It would be long weekends, about 5 of them over a year.

The Medicine Wheel uses the Air, Fire, Earth and Water Elements in ways we already understand. It is psychological, ceremonial and mythological. At the centre is you, in balance. At the centre is also the whole universe, for they are the same thing. It's fantastic, deep stuff. My book The Medicine Wheel would be the background reading. But the emphasis would be experiential.


And we'd be a community. It would be ongoing after the course was over. Zoom and all that. And I'd bring in the journeying, the shapeshifting, the pipes and the praying. And, inevitably, some astrology and tarot.

I am quite informal. The only thing I ask is for jokes at my expense, in case anyone gets the wrong idea about me. Or I get the wrong idea about me. But I do know what I'm talking about. There's this magical thing at the centre of my life I've been bumbling along with for 45 years, trying to follow its scent. Stuff happens around it. Recently, it has been about writing books. But I am also a people person, whereas writing tends to be solitary. I need to do this course-community thing for myself, as much as the world may or may not need it.

Here's how it will work practically. It will be residential, in shared single-sex bedrooms at my house, unless you want to use an air bnb or a campsite. I will provide mattresses and pillows, you bring the rest. You will also need to bring food to share (shops just up the road.) You will collectively need to keep the practical side running, for I cannot do both. But I think that will work really well, we'll all be in it together. Cost will be pretty low, like £100 per long weekend or something. Starting this July.

There is no right way or wrong way to do Shamanism. The depth comes from being true to that within you that wants to be lived. It's a journey only you can do. I can sometimes hold a light in the darkness, but no more. It's a quest, an adventure that lasts your whole life. It requires courage. It requires a willingness to be honest about the difficult stuff, and to stay with it. And it's also about play, which is maybe the deepest thing of all. Hence the profound medicine power of my tiger onesie . 😎


So if this appeals, let me know, either comment below or email me: BWGoddard1@aol.co.uk. I'm not taking bookings - I haven't even got dates - but I will get back to you in time.

What would this course qualify you for? Nothing. But it can lead towards the only real qualification to do this kind of work, which is a deep relationship with yourself and with Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds wonderful and certainly reasonably priced. If I take a journey back to the motherland from Australia would love to do one of these courses.

    ReplyDelete