Saturday 21 November 2020

FAERY

The Fairies want to be known by us, and to be in good relationship with us - and that includes humour and revelry as well as respect and gifts. That relationship keeps them alive and it keeps us alive. They don't want to be public in the modern celebrity sense. It is good to get to know the places near you where they hang out. I live on Dartmoor, so there is an abundance of places.


To encounter them you need to see with your heart. You may catch glimpses out of the corner of your eye, or you may just feel them, or you may see faces in trees and rocks. You may see them with your inner eye or in dreams. Some people paint and draw them.
 
Faery does not have the same boundaries as we have. It is its own world, but it is also the natural world in its aliveness and spirit. Fairies are individual beings, but they are also all one and you can visit them in their nature places while you are at home. For us individual means separate, but that is just our illusion. Look at a stand of trees and you will see both individual and collective in harmony.
 

And if you are into this thing we call Shamanism, then your local nature beings, which I am calling fairy, want to know you, in a sense they have claimed you and the more you recognise that, the more they will help you know who you are and to live in balance.
 
They are not confined by time and space in the way we are. And if you move area, the fairies where you are will help you find your new home in that new area. Their world is simpler and clearer than ours, they are not bogged down in their psychology like we often are. And when you are suffering, you can ask them for help - a fairy oracle deck can be useful - and when they come closer, your suffering will alleviate and change perspective.
 

They do relationship differently to us – for them it is a dance, and when the dance is over, they bow graciously and move on in delight. This idea that you have to be with just this one person for the rest of your life, and if the dance ends it has ‘failed’ – well, that flies in the face of nature and its flow and mystery, it is a crazy human thing. Relationship is carried lightly, and is more profound for that.

If you have horses, you may find plaits decorating their manes, woven in seconds by nimble fingers that delight in riding them too.

 

I've had the fairies on my case all my life, without knowing it much of the time. My Mum used to hang out with the Little People as a child in the west of Ireland. I was named after Fionnbharr the king of the fairies at Knockmaa, near where she lived. But she did not know this (my English muggle Dad chose my name), and nor did I know it when I called my son the other half of that name, Finn. And then when I lived in Glastonbury, they sent Fenny Castle my way, an old fort known locally as the last refuge of the fairies.
 
They are coming my way again at present. I feel very happy to make them centrepiece in my life, to do their work. In a sense, I am one of them, and I’m sure many of us here are too 😊 

So go lightly and joyfully, and here is a fairy documentary that is well-worth watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdK21dZalY

1 comment:

  1. Many live here. 🤭🧚‍♂️😄💖

    ReplyDelete