Saturday 24 August 2019

INTUITON 'VS' JOURNEYING

In a Shamanic Facebook group someone said to me: "I caution against discounting the power of journeying by equating it with intuitive knowing. The former uses our intuition but that's not where the information comes from."

I don't agree. The info I get from that 'knowing' place is of just as good quality as that which people get from journeying, and it feels like it comes from a 'bigger' place. I don't need to formally journey to do it, it is just there if I listen.

I think it is important to have a broad view of what constitutes Spirit or else we end up disempowering ourselves, and that is a bit tragic. And I think journeying, which is a great method, can sometimes make some slightly tyrannical claims for itself, that narrow down the field of Spirit. There are all sorts of ways of being in relationship to Spirit which, in the last analysis, is no different to who we essentially are.

1 comment:

  1. Barry, this view probably comes from the perspective that we, as individuals, are separate entities from our Spirit allies etc. Yes, I agree, intuition is a message from our Guides and allies. There is such a fight for categorization, seperation, and judgment in words and labels. Maybe it is an egoic attempt to avoid the shift to oneness, all judgment is fear based. If a word I use offends someone, I just pick a different one in their presence. There are 1000 ways to say any one thing.

    ReplyDelete