Friday 16 August 2019

FINDING MY OWN WAY TO THE SPIRITS

I've been of the opinion that in my journeying work, I am good at shifting energy but not so good at receiving information. And the reason I thought that is because all these years later I am still conditioned by my first experiences, which were the methods of 'core' shamanism. I don't want to knock them, because they helped me profoundly. But really we need to vigorously drive that word 'core' from the description, because it is nonsense and so misleading. It creates a very narrow perception of what Shamanism is, within the incredibly rich and multi-faceted landscape of what it actually is: this very broad approach to becoming a balanced human being.


Anyway, even my 'energy' work does not happen from 'formal' journeying. I embody the spirits, I move around with intensity and purpose, and there is added power: the involvement of the body allows the Spirits to incarnate more fully than they would otherwise have done. This seems to be fully traditional, and I view our lying down version as a compromise to keep it 'safe' for cerebral westerners. The work I do is fierce and uncompromising, it really deals with what needs to be dealt with.

But as I say, all these years later and when it came to info, I was still trapped in the methods of core shamanism, which of course work very well for some but not for me. So I'd do a journey and wait for a spirit helper to turn up and give me some info about the matter in hand, and it just never happened. Maybe I'd get the odd image that I'd work with to get some meaning from. Meanwhile I also trained myself as an astrologer, and I've become pretty good at it. And of course I'd regularly be saying stuff that hit the nail on the head for people....

And I realised what I was doing with journeying was that before the journey even started, I would immediately have a sense of what I wanted to say to the person, it takes no time at all, though it takes a few minutes to unfold once I start talking. And I was putting that to one side and waiting for a spirit guide to turn up and tell me something. OK, you can laugh at me now for my daftness . But there you go, it shows how much a method, put in a narrow way, can conceal us from Spirit, rather than guide us towards it.

So now I know I can get info for people, and usually I use the planets as an intermediary, but really the sense of what to say is just there and always has been, and it is usually pretty immediate.

No comments:

Post a Comment