Wednesday 8 May 2019

The Most Powerful Teaching

Just back from a Medicine Wheel weekend with Leo Rutherford. That is us in the picture below. I've started doing some stuff with Leo after an 18 year gap. There's something for me about being around him when I'm undergoing a major transition. Seems to catalyse it. What I like about Leo is that he is honest about himself and unassuming and the first to say he doesn't know what he's doing And he has a good dose of the trickster. 


One way of looking at this path is that it is about being honest with oneself, and honest with oneself around others. And keeping that up for years. It really does produce something. And some people will dismiss you if you are like that. What impresses them is a NAME and a POWERFUL TEACHING and INITIATION into an indigenous way and the claim of KNOWING something. Leo has none of these attributes, and nor do I, and that is why I feel at home.

The most powerful teachings are the most basic ones, and you do not need a teacher for them. Be honest and unassuming. Love nature. Be kind to people and interested in them. Go with what the Spirit wants, not what others expect of you. Look after your 4 directions - mind, body, emotions and spirit. And probably a few more besides, or maybe not  


So for me right now there is a process of my Spirit and my wounded bits coming together, it feels like it is now taking care of itself, I just need to stay on board. And the weekend finished with a recurring dream that I have had for over 30 years, in which I am back at university and trying to work out why I am there, what I should study. In real life, I didn't know why I was there, the ability to study in that way had switched off, and I got a 3rd. 

And in the latest version of the dream, for the first time, I realised that I didn't want to be there, I wanted to do other things. So this is about me not doubting the spirit that was awakening all those years ago, and which is still with me now. It's about fully realising that there was not something 'wrong' with me for not being able to do the 'right' thing, on which a lot of money had been spent on me in my childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment