Monday 20 May 2019

That's me chatting with Leo Rutherford at the weekend just before going into a sweat. (Note my flies are coming undone - they have a mind of their own). Leo is in his mid 80s, so if you get a chance to do some stuff with him, take it. Did 2 sweats in 2 days. My main concern was what if you run out of prayers on the second sweat, because you've said them all on the first one? 

I was leading one of the rounds, it was the 4th one where you just listen to Spirit. And that was fine, and we had birdsong from outside in the silence. But then afterwards I felt dislocated, and I remembered why I feel reluctant to lead stuff: the Managing Director in me takes over, the person I was raised to be, who takes control and does things properly, and how ironic when it's the round about letting go of any personal control. He only lives from the neck upwards. But when I asked around afterwards, no-one seemed to have noticed the MD. Phew! But it's left me with food for thought. Another inner character to form some kind of relationship with.

No comments:

Post a Comment