Saturday 2 June 2018

On Not Telling Your Left Hand What Your Right Hand is Doing

From the Gospel of St Thomas, a 'heretical' text:

Jesus said:" I tell my mysteries to those who are worthy of my mysteries. What thy right hand shall do, let not thy left hand know what it does."


I just commented on this in the FB group Esoteric Knowledge & Occult Science: "I tell my mysteries to those who are worthy of my mysteries". This is not something any of us could actually say without sounding horribly egotistical! But I think it refers to anything within us that carries power. If you talk about it too freely, it starts to lose that power, because of the reasons we are revealing it. It's like a novelist not talking about the plot of a book they are writing. Or not talking about your dreams unless you have good reason to do so. The left hand is the ordinary egotistical self that wants to blab on, show off about its great dreams and visions: aren't I mystical, guys? In the Native American traditions it is understood that you don't talk about your inner experiences, your connections to Spirit. Amongst the Eveni people of Siberia, they say if you talk about your dreams, they won't come true. So they don't talk about their good dreams, but they talk about their bad ones! Same sort of thing for the same reason.

--------------------

I offer skype/FB video astrology readings, by donation. Contact: BWGoddard1 (at)aol.co.uk

---------------------
NB Please note the Free Email Subscribe button, top right of the page 😼  

1 comment: