Wednesday 30 May 2018

EAGLE

I was at Derek Gane's monthly journeying group in Cornwall last Saturday (see healingtree.org). I seem to find it easier to journey with others. And we had a good drum. I'm not a great one for talking about my journeys, but a useful point emerged. I was flying on an eagle, and at points I became the eagle. This was the first time this animal has showed up in a journey, though he first appeared in a dream 35 years ago, in which I was afraid to soar in the sky with him/as him. Progress! And as we flew higher, we were able to see not just the settlement of people below, from which we had come, but the settlement in the next valley as well. So this is part of the perspective that the eagle gives through flying high: you are able to see not just your own culture, your own way of doing things, but others as well. 


And this is maybe also applicable to that endless question of what shamanism is, and some people thinking they know the right way. There are all sorts of ways, and we need to experience some of them. And just get on with it, and just be true to who we are.Then it is real.
 NB Please note the Free Email Subscribe button, top right of the page 😼 

No comments:

Post a Comment