Thursday 18 June 2020

THE DREAMS WE LIVE BY

So yesterday I was introducing the West of the Medicine Wheel to a Zoom group I am running, and I recorded it, and here is what I said. It centred around that mixture of dreams from our parents and ancestors and from society that we imbibe when we are young, while there are also dreams that are uniquely our own, and our task is to untangle all of that and live what is ours, and process and learn from those of others.

The West is also the place of the Incarnation of Spirit, so I covered the Puer Aeternus and the Senex, the visionary boy and the conservative old man, and the need to reconcile them. "After the Ecstasy, the Laundry." And I talked about my own experience in these respects before we moved onto the group proper, where people get to talk about their own history, but I didn't record that bit. Enjoy  🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment