Friday 27 September 2019

SHAMANISM and ACTIVISM

I think the main contribution that Shamanism can offer to protest is awareness of the shadow. The gaze of many activists, in my experience, tends to be outwards at the expense of inwards. Hence the Extinction Rebellion placard below (which one friend put admiringly on FB) with its 'us and them' message. 

                                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I offer Shamanic consultations, usually by skype, in which we can talk over anything you want to talk over. I may use the Medicine Wheel, Journeying, Astrology, Tarot or anything that works. And it centres around listening to ourselves in a deep way. I work on a donation basis, and I am happy with whatever is easy for you: I love this work. Contact: BWGoddard1@aol.co.uk
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mean, even simple logic shows him to be wrong: who uses the fossil fuels, the producers of which he is demonising? It is ourselves. Any collective movement has a shadow, it is to be expected. We project what we do not like about ourselves onto politicians, CEOs, bankers, men, you name it. Hence 'us and them' when it needs to be 'us and us'. It is because we have viewed the earth as a 'them' that we have felt able to exploit her. And in bringing an 'us and them' attitude to environmental protest, we are bringing the very mindset that caused the problem in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment