Sunday 28 April 2019

Vision Board

Bugger the Law of Attraction. I prefer prayer, meaning a heartfelt conversation with the natural world. In which we give thanks for all the good things in our lives, and in which we appreciate that our mother the Earth is benign and generous and that we are inseparable from her. 

And that she will provide all that is needed to make our lives and those of others work as they need to. But usually not in the ways that our tiny consciousness, that is always messing up, and that is so much smaller than hers, imagines. Prayer, to be effective, needs to be congruent with our lives, it is not a wish list.

And with this in mind I've been making a vision board over the last 2 days. As a prayer for the next stage of my life. I've had a lurgy for the last few days, and when that happens (quite rarely) I get knocked out of my usual day-to-day ways and into what matters. They are productive times, and they usually come at the end of a stressful period.


But events are now in motion that mean I will probably be in a position to buy myself a house with a bit of land and maybe a barn or two in the autumn. That will be a good place for me, but also a place where, some of the time, people can gather. Gather in the sort of way that I like to gather, which is quite social and informal. And where there is space for tipis and sweatlodges and transformation
and play. And quiet, with no neighbours looking in. And where the element of ecstasy, that comes with Spirit, and that was suppressed for so long by the church, is possible. And maybe above all, Shamanic Community. That is what moves me. So all the things and people necessary for this, I am asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment