Saturday 6 October 2018

Embodying the Spirits

Now this is something I wasn't taught when I learnt journeying, and I've been fishing around for years wondering how what happens to me fits in, and here it is, from a Mongolian shaman. (I guess our closest comparison is Trance Dance, which I love). 

"One of the things that distinguish Mongolian and Siberian shamanism from some (but not all) other shamanic traditions is the idea that the shaman actually embodies the spirits in many of the rituals he performs. This state is known as being 'ongood orood' or 'embodying the shamanic spirits' and is often accompanied by an experience of great ecstasy for the shaman.....Always remember that it is through the powers of the spirits that you have partnered with that these things are possible."

Does anyone else work in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment